Saturday, September 30, 2006

Friday Night at The Fox

DSC04585

Our free tour was a mini version of the regular $8 tour, but it was still great, largely because of the tiny little man on that giant organ console: Stan Kann.
DSC04556
This organ has to be one of the biggest and most complex in the world. I can't tell you how many pipes it has, or how many stops. I think the Fox website has answers to number questions like that. I just know that it's what I think of when someone says "surround sound." Okay, the fact it plays bells and gongs, well, that really makes me happy, too.

I took these while Mr. Kann played things like Meet me in St. Louis and Climb Every Mountain.
DSC04561

DSC04564

DSC04566
It's really hard to give this stuff any sense of scale. That chandelier is 12 feet in diameter.

After the music, we went backstage to the dressing rooms and gawked at the autographs traveling shows leave behind.
DSC04571

DSC04576
Can anyone make out what Liberace said after the date?

No comments: