Friday, December 05, 2008

Okay, so I've been a little quiet this week. I've been sleeping in in the mornings, so my morning posts just aren't happening. I'm sure I'l get back on track, now. I'm reformed. I'm caffeinated. Of course, it's 6 at night, but that's a little detail. I'll just get started with a post while I'm drinking this cafe au lait and waiting for Julie to retrieve me...

So, what had I been talking about? Thanksgiving in suburban Pittsburgh, right? My dad and step-mom still live in Murrysville, my hometown. It's also my dad's hometown, though it's not as full of our family as it used to be. And yes, that's really how Murrysville is spelled. It's not our fault our founder spelled his name funny.

Anyway, I split my time in his jewel of a municipality between the "new" Holiday Inn Express in Delmont and my step-mom's house. The HIE showed up after I left 20 years ago, so it's new, no matter how long it's really been there...
Photo_112708_001

The house has had a few touches of remodeling since my dad & step-mom got married almost 20 years ago. The latest look features the latest generation of Transformers and LEGOs.
IMG_8284
To be fair, I think the LEGOs belong to my dad, but he lets his grandkids play with them. He's cool like that.

No comments: