Sunday, May 20, 2007

Friday night @ After

We decided to check out the new diner on Manchester, After. I had a lot of fun. I'm not saying the food was perfect or anything like that. I'm just saying I had a really good time. To be fair, I'm sure they've never had a party of nine at 7:30 on a Friday night before. Their crowd shows up later, after the bars start closing. (One of the 4 Purdue grads at the table mentioned West Lafayette's XXX Diner, but that's another story.) Anyway, Julie's mac & cheese was wonderful, and my patty melt w/ fries was great. Maybe Julie will give you the details of the great meatloaf debacle - followed by the icy Icelandic cod, the cheerfully denied water, and the forgotten omelet. I'm really just here for the pictures.

DSC06379
Every scrap of mac & cheese cheerfully disappeared.

DSC06382
Here's our 9 scoop sundae, reassembled. Our waitress, realizing how difficult it would be to build an appetizing 10 scoop sundae, offered to break it up into individual bowls for us.

No comments: