Thursday, October 05, 2006

Another weekend already?

It seems like we were just at Happy Joe's with Cath for some Sunday night silliness, and now the weekend is about to pounce again. I haven't recovered from last weekend, yet.

Tomorrow is First Friday, so I'm sure we'll hit the downtown gallery walk for a while. I haven't seen the new shows at Art St. Louis, Ellen Curlee Gallery or Baseline Gallery. Then there's the Craft Alliance's FREE FALL FRIDAY with demos of metal casting, wood turning and white hot raku. I'm a sucker for watching people make big fiery messes, so that might be fun, too.

Something tells me I'll be spending most of Saturday at The Big Read in Clayton. Julie will be in the Studio STL booth most of the day, I think. I'll mill around and try not to look illiterate. Later, Saturday night is the last night of The Triangle Factory Fire Project at SLU Theater, and I've heard it's worth seeing. I'll need to sit down by then at least; I screwed up my knee and back last weekend, and recovery isn't going quite ask quickly as it ought. No, this isn't a sign of getting old. It's a sign of stupidity and stubbornness.

Sunday, if I can still hobble about, I want to visit the Shaw Art Fair. Every year I've gone I've seen at least one artist totally worth the $5 entry fee.

Right now Julie is reading at a PROMO fundraiser. This is her first reading I've missed (other than that one during work hours when she was in school). I hope it's going well. Yes, of course I'll let you know. Posted by Picasa

No comments: